Younity Project - Apr - July 2022
Younity Project, funded by the The National Lottery Community Fund until October 2023, endeavours to join up as much of Partick as possible so that the opportunities local organisations may have, can be accessed by individuals who will benefit from them. The aim is to share local resources, knowledge, space, time, expertise, training, and volunteering opportunities, and to benefit as many as possible with win/win activities.
Examples of activities are:
- Yardworks Billboard Project-12 people had the opportunity to take part in creative workshops, in partnership with SWG3, to work work on a new community Billboard which was exhibited at the side of the Clydeside expressway.
- New Partick Mural-The Plot and Dreams and Aspirations group got the opportunity to work on the new Mural for the gable end at Purdon Street, on the entrance to the plot. Again, through partnership working with SWG3.
- Volunteer Lockdown Photography opening held at Annexe 14th April 2022 in Annexe café,
- Health Issues in the Community- presentation was held in the Annexe on 27th April .Topics included; child health inequalities, social isolation & loneliness, community development approaches to food poverty and the impact of outdoor spaces on wellbeing. Younity Project tutor collaborated with Scottish Community Development Centre, SCDC, tutor. Very informative and a great accomplishment for all involved
- Wood Workshops- 5 people had the opportunity to make a table at 2 weeks of basic woodwork and tables making techniques workshops, at Shugwood workspace. Another 5 people are booked to start 31st August 2022.
- £3500 Household Hardship Fund -distributed by Corra Foundation to 70 locals struggling with food and fuel bill increases. Younity worked in partnership with Partick Community Growing Project, Hyndland Secondary food bank, Dowanvale Church food pantry and Partick Housing Association to target those most in need
- Formation of the John Muir group- on the 21st anniversary of the John Muir Trust 21st April 2022, Group formed to work towards John Muir Conserve Award where 125 hours of conservation and awareness will be accomplished by each member. Icey Mc Muir , the groups mascot, was kindly knitted by a member of the Knit and Natter Group. Younity supported the JM group to secure Partick and Thornwood Ideas funding for them to complete the first 9 miles section of the John Muir Way from Helensburgh to Balloch on 21st July 2022.
- Festive Volunteer Lunch- 2 and some years later, we were finally allowed to get together for a festive meal to thank all our volunteers for their sterling efforts and hard work -during lockdown and beyond.
- Archery -In Partnership with Partick Community growing Project and Operation Play Outdoors 18 local people participated in 2 weeks of another 6 weeks Archery course.
- Waverly Trip -59 tickets were secured to allow 59 local people and families to help celebrate the 75th Year anniversary of the Waverley, with a return trip "doon the water" to Largs, and back.
- Jewellery Workshops- 14 people participated and created beautiful silver items at 4 x Silver Jewellery workshop held outdoors at the plot ,mostly in the sunshine!
- Younity Events - Wee Partick Picnic and Thornwood Mini Fest held at Mansfield and Thornwood Park. Both days had amazing weather with over 300 attending both events. Both events were supported by 16 volunteers without whom it would not have been such a success.
We are making plans for Autumn 2022. please contact us if you would like to get involved, thank you.
Contact Jane, Angie or Michele, AKA, team JAM.